BELGIUM, GERMANY AND FRANCE
 |
| Brussels |
What would be the common thing if you got to Belgium, Germany and France in May? I’m telling you it’s the rain and the grey sky.
I left sunny Barcelona on Friday morning, hoping to spend a nice weekend with my friend Velina who lives in Brussels but alas! Wasn’t meant to be! It rained almost all the time. For someone who hates umbrellas I spent a pretty good amount of time holding one! The sun was popping up every now and again but never for too long.
Day # 1. Brussels.
 |
| The Royal palace |
 |
| And its guards |
 |
| French fries actually originated in Belgium |
 |
| Graffiti art is pretty big in Brussles |
 |
| The famous Manneken Pis, peeing in the fountain |
 |
| Beginning of the gay quarter |
 |
| Atomium. Represents a molecule´s nine atoms but magnified 165 billion times |
Day # 2. Köln, Cologne, Colonia. Germany

Got dropped off right in front of the cathedral (used carpooling from Brussels). This is actually my first time in Germany! So many years somehow I managed to stay away from Germany but this time I was so close that I couldn´t just not go. Unfortunately the weather wasn´t that welcoming. It rained almost the whole day which limited us a bit with the possibilities of sightseeing so we switched to a shopping mood.
 |
| Started the day in Germany with kaffe latte |
 |
| So German! Lets make sure everyone sees it! Always double check! |
 |
| Wet wet wet |
 |
| It is so huge that I couldn´t take a full size photo of it! |
 |
| Wet chickens in Köln |
 |
| And another one |
 |
| In comparison with Hong Kong. Just that Cologne is bit more foggy than smoggy |
Day # 3. Lille, FranceSince Lille was only 100 km away from Brussels, it is almost a sin not to go there. The train takes only half an hour but it´s quite pricey (38€ return). Luckily friends of Velina took us by car. Of course it rained here too.  |
| I know it's Belgian but I took it here |
 |
| Lille |
 |
| Didn´t go to the zoo but could see the monkeys |
 |
| Choosing the treat |
 |
| I can´t deny it: the Frenches know how to make pastries |
 |
| Treat chosen |
Day # 4 Brussels again.
And my last day in Brussels I got to do the real shit :), means to see the European quarter. Visited Velina in her lunch break (working as translator for European Committee), EU administration - checked. European parliament - checked. European commission checked as well.
 |
| A must do photo |
 |
| Number 2 rocks :) |
 |
| Pharmacy sign in all EU languages |
 |
| Just to prove it - it´s all wet again! |
 |
| Red in Lille and yellow in Brussels! |
 |
| And last but not least: Team Bulgaria, Audrey Hepburn and köfte soirée |
And guess what! I got back to Barcelona on Monday night to find the city wet and cold! The rain has been following me everywhere! Is it contagious or it’s me?
Comments